Update Plex Plugin

Discussion in 'FreeNAS 4 N00bs' started by louielips3, Nov 16, 2013.

1. louielips3 New Member

Message Count:
    louielips3, Nov 16, 2013

I tried searching for this answer but I didn't find anything. I currently have 0.9.8.6.175 and I see in the plugin list 0.9.8.10.215 is available. How do I update plex or do I need to install a new version and reconfigure a new jail, mount point, etc.? If this has already been answered could someone post the link as I could not find it anywhere.
  2. dlavigne FreeNAS Core Team

Message Count:
    dlavigne, Nov 17, 2013

Currently the only way to "upgrade" a PBI is to delete the PBI and then install the new version.
  3. rjgould New Member

Message Count:
    rjgould, Nov 25, 2013

Can I ask, is that a PBI thing or is that just a "For the moment in FreeNAS" thing, i.e. do all PBI's work in that manner no matter the system?
  4. dlavigne FreeNAS Core Team

Message Count:
    dlavigne, Nov 25, 2013

It's a "For the moment in FreeNAS" thing.
    rjgould likes this.
  5. rjgould New Member

Message Count:
    rjgould, Nov 25, 2013

Great, thank you. It's my own fault for asking for the Plex PBI to be updated. I've been sitting here for a couple of days scratching my brain to see how to go about it, now I know that's the reason I'll figure out how to do something manually and see if I can write it up :)
  6. dlavigne FreeNAS Core Team

Message Count:
    dlavigne, Nov 25, 2013

The CLI command is documented at http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Manager#pbi_update.281.29. However, FreeNAS uses its own repo and there currently isn't a PC-BSD PBI for Plex. My guess is that you will need to massage pbi.conf in the jail to point to the FreeNAS repo. However, I'm not sure if that command looks for PBP files (deltas between versions). Perhaps not, as I'm not seeing any of those in the FreeNAS repo.

If you experiment and it works, post how you did it. Otherwise, seeing that 9.2.0 is rapidly approaching release, it may just be easier to uninstall/reinstall for now rather than spend a lot of time on it...
  7. freenas-deluxe New Member

Message Count:
    freenas-deluxe, Nov 26, 2013

rjgould likes this.
  8. rjgould New Member

Message Count:
    rjgould, Dec 3, 2013

That's a much more pragmatic solution and I think I'll go with that in future. The jails I've done myself for things like transmission all have their configuration files stored outside in case I break something so I really should have taken that into consideration when using the PBI's. Thanks!