1. These Forums are for FreeNAS version 8.0 and higher.
If your question is regarding FreeNAS 0.7, you want the original FreeNAS Forum instead.
2. If you are new to the Forum and don't know where to ask your question, ask it in the FreeNAS 4 N00bs.
If your question is unique, a moderator will move it to the proper category for you.
3. When you start a new thread you MUST write a subject that accurately describes the content.
Including the following information in your thread will increase the chance you will get an answer:
- FreeNAS version and platform (32 or 64 bit).
- General hardware information (CPU, RAM, Motherboard model, etc.).
- Specific hardware information (Network card chipset, Raid controller chipset, etc.).
- DMESG output or copy of specific error message.
- IFCONFIG output if you are asking about a NIC or networking problem.
- PCICONF -lv output if you are asking about MotherBoard and / or PCI card problems.
- Code snippets, logs, config files and quotes should be enclosed in the appropriate bbcode tags.
- To provide you with accurate answers we need this information and it will also help others to find your posts when they are searching for similar information.
4. Any post in violation of the rules will be deleted without notice and you may be warned, and or banned from the site.
5. Advertising of any websites, services and/or products is prohibited in the forums. ****ography, ****s, warez, hacking and/or links to websites of this type are also prohibited.
6. Flames, shouting (all-caps), sarcasm, bullying, profanity, defamatory, hateful, personal attacks, negative or arrogant posts/comments about others are prohibited.
You are not billed for the help provided here, but it costs a lot of time and effort to the volunteers providing it. Be polite and patient.
7. No duplicate or cross-posting.
Only post to the one category that best matches your question.
8. Edit your posts if you see spelling or grammar errors.
Use English only except in language specific sub-forums. English is the project's official language.
9. Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply or send a private message with a technical question.
The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.
10. The forum administrators reserve the right to prune, move or edit threads/topics/posts that do not adhere to the rules or are technically inaccurate.